• University of Alberta Department of Mathematics
Research Assistant for Dr. Christoph Frei
May 2013 — August 2013
– Implemented a model that simulated the evolution of game theory payoﬀ sets as the time
between repetitions decreased.
– Matlab, Python and LATEX on OS X
• University of Alberta Department of Economics
Research Assistant for Dr. Claudia Landeo
January 2013 — April 2013
– Wrote a paper on the eﬀect that academic economics has upon judicial decision making in
American antitrust case law.
– LATEX, Mathematica on OS X.
• Jacobs Engineering
– Performed ﬁeld audits upon client’s terminals.
– Monitored database quality.
– Mainly Excel and Maximo on Windows.
May 2012 - August 2012
• University of Alberta
Bachelor of Science in Combined Honors Mathematics and Economics.
April 2014 (exp.). GPA: 3.6/4.0. Last two years: 3.95/4.0.
• Programming languages
– Strong: Python, R, Matlab, LATEX
– Learning: SQL, C++, Haskell, Clojure, Julia
• Operating systems and developer environments
– Unix enthusiast, mostly on OS X. Familiar with GNU/Linux & Windows.
• Applied Probability and Computing
– Machine Learning (Matlab, Python, Java), incl. a project on contextual analysis (using Weka)
(A); Foundations of Computing (Python) (A);
– Time Series Analysis (R) (still in progress); Econometrics (R) (A+).
– Stochastic Calculus I (A-) and II (in progress) (graduate-level courses);
– Real Analysis (A-); Linear Algebra (A+); Statistics I (B+) and II (A+).
• Finance and Economics
– Mathematical Finance I (A-) and II (in progress) (graduate-level courses);
– Microeconomics (A+), Macroeconomics (A+).
• Aggarwal, K., Rutgers, T, Timbers, F., Hindle, A., & Greiner, R. Detecting Duplicate Bug Reports
using Contextual Analysis (Work in progress).
• University of Alberta Model United Nations
September 2011 — Present
– Organized a 500 person conference for top Albertan high school students.
– Led a team that found $10 000 in savings and added $4000 in revenue on a $30 000 budget.
– Worked to ﬁnd and retain sponsors; led negotiations to renew a $30 000 sponsorship agreement.
• Lambda Chi Alpha
Vice President Finance
January 2014 — Present
– Responsible for managing $20 000 budget of chapter.
– Led a team that laid the groundwork to create a permanent endowment.
• Campus Branch of Major Federal Political Party
February 2012 — October 2013
– Recruited undergraduate students to be active in the political process.
– Brought major political ﬁgures to speak on campus, including prominent MPs.
• University of Alberta Students’ Union
Member, Academic Relations Group
September 2012 — October 2013
– Advised the Vice President Academic on policy matters.
• Finance— I want to get my CFA, and plan to do so upon graduation.