The Scientific Committee is responsible for designing and proposing the annual research agenda and work programme as well as for overseeing the implementation of the approved activities. Moreover it formulates the longer-term research strategy of the network.
Specifically, the role of the Scientific Committee is to:
- Conceptualise and design the workshop programmes and oversee the selection of papers and participants;
- Advise on, and contribute to, the scientific content of the Network’s website;
- Develop and oversee the Network’s training schools;
- Review / screen research papers (according to the agreed criteria) for presentation at EABCN workshops and for submission to the CEPR Discussion Paper series;
- Develop new research proposals and other ideas for future activities.