Call for Papers for the 21st DNB Annual Research Conference
Call for Papers for the 21st DNB Annual Research Conference titled "UNCLOGGING THE CREDIT CHANNEL'
In recent years central banks around the world have implemented unconventional monetary policy measures in an attempt to encourage bank lending and revive economic activity. Despite the extensive monetary stimulus and a substantial increase in central banks’ balance sheets, credit growth remained subdued. This reveals that the credit channel of monetary policy transmission might be “clogged”, potentially resulting in underinvestment and slow economic growth.
We invite the submission of high quality theoretical and empirical papers that study the transmission of monetary policy through the credit channel.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
· Credit channel of unconventional monetary policy: theory and evidence
· Credit (mis)allocation in the post-crisis environment
· Substitutes for bank lending: shadow banking and asset markets
· Banks’ balance sheets problems: debt overhang, bad loans, and risk exposure
· Macroprudential policies and credit growth
· Financial frictions in DSGE models
Manuscripts should be submitted to DNB_ResearchConference@dnb.nl by the 30th of June 2018. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by the 15th of July 2018.