Fiscal and Monetary Policy in the Euro Area
Thursday, 20 September 2012
National Bank of Belgium
This EABCN Discussion Forum will consider a range of issues within the context of fiscal and monetary policy in the euro area, such as:
- moving from rescue packages to a better steady state
- coordination of fiscal policy among euro area country members
- criteria for fiscal sustainability
- enlarging the role of the European Central Bank.
The guest speakers include:
- Christopher Sims (Pinceton University), presentation
- Jordi Gali (CREI and CEPR), presentation
- Jean Pisani-Ferri (Brugel and Universite' Paris-Dauphine), presentation
- Stephanie Riso (European Commission),
Albert Marcet, EABCN Scientific Chair, moderates the discussion.